Road Trip to the Beautiful Prince Edward County

October 28, 2012

Road Trip to the Beautiful Prince Edward County
{ Summer outfit - Flower top and nautical skirt to match sunflowers and the day at the beach}
Back a month ago when it was still summer, I went on a road trip to Prince Edward County with a friend. When he first suggested that the drive would be 3 hours long and that I'd have to wake up at 8 am on the weekend, I had second thought about it. I almost wanted to bail on him. But my guilt had gotten me, so at last, we compromised and started the day an hour behind the original plan.

Road Trip to the Beautiful Prince Edward County
{ Wizard of Oz-esque sunflower field }
{ I'm pretty sure the sunflower is bigger than normal, it's like the size of my head! }
We first passed by a local farmland and were attracted by the beautiful sunflower field. We sneaked in and snapped some Wizard of Oz kind of pictures. It was a nice break. We finally arrived to the Sandbank provincial park. The line up wasn't long given that it was a long weekend Sunday but the admission fee was $16 per car. The cost was steep for the two of us as we weren’t planning to stay there for long. But we had no choice.

We were surprised that Sandbank resembles the beaches from Caribbean.  How silly would I be if I did end up bailing out? The sand was soft and fine. I couldn’t resist in rubbing my feet obsessively and “sand-skate” my way around. If I knew ahead, I'd have brought my bathing suit with me so I could dive into this crystal clear water right away. People at the beach looked chillaxed - a different vibe than at Wasaga or Woodbine beach. Those beaches were always crowded and I always ended up bumping into people I least expected. My friend actually regretted for not bringing his dog with us. His dog would have had a great time here.

Road Trip to the Beautiful Prince Edward County - Sandbank
{ Silky smooth sand at Sandbanks beach }
Road Trip to the Beautiful Prince Edward County - Sandbank
Road Trip to the Beautiful Prince Edward County - Sandbank
{ I have a thing for stripes especially in nautical style - Skirt from Forever 21 } 
Road Trip to the Beautiful Prince Edward County - Sandbank
{ Sorry to disappoint, I did not make this sandcastle }
Road Trip to the Beautiful Prince Edward County - Sandbank
{ Wouldn't it be nice if I wore my bathing suit? }
After a much relaxed time at Sandbank, we took off to the notable Black River Cheese Company. I found the shop very small and commercialized. The variety of cheese weren't as diverse and extended as I had imagined it to be. Good thing was customers could sample from 5 different types of cheese curds. For those who do not like cheese, the shop also offered a few selection of ice cream at the back. I was told that their most popular flavour were the raspberry and lime sherbert. To mark our visit, we bought home the mozzarella and salsa cheese.

Continuing on with our road trip, we went passed Picton on the way. We didn't stop here. After all, the town was pretty small.

Our last stop was the Lake on the Mountain. Like its name, it was actually located above the Bay of Quinte. The park was surreal and peaceful. A perfect spot for a family picnic and wedding pictures. We didn't do much at the park other than enjoying the scenery and walking along the trails.

{ Lake on the Mountain}


Kudos to my friend who planned out this entire road trip to Prince Edward County. Now, I had another place to recommend for a relaxation getaway.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

About Me


About [span]me[/span]
Hello, I'm Lorita. Hoping to inspire you to explore and create things that make life a bit more fun and beautiful.


Instagram